The discussion program was an attempt to talk about a number of myths surrounding Donbas, whether it really is a region with a "special mentality" and if so, what it is and what specifics of interaction it requires.
- Round Table “Another in Donbas and Donbas as Another” (meeting with the community leaders of Donbas);
- “Region in Focus” – meetings with the artist S. Kurmaz , the photographers A. Chekmenev and V. Maruschenko, the artist E. Bielorusets;
- “Region in Research” – lecture of the Ph.D. Oksana Mikheyeva “A resident of Donbas: components of social portrait”;
- lecture of Ph.D. Alexander Bilokobylsky “Metaphysics of Donbass and Donetsk Myth”;
lecture of Ph.D Igor Pasko “Ukrainian idea in European culture. Ukraine and Russian Phenomenon“.
round table “Local self-organized initiative vs imported cultural product. What cultural institutions does Donbass need?
- “New Donbass” project presentation by the Congress of culture activists
Informal but very important part of this program was initiated by our closed meeting of Directors of 11 Donbas museums and the Ministry of Culture of that time. It was about the fate of the museum collections that remained under occupation, the future of these museums as institutions and teams of specialists.
From the very first forum, we began to work with the idea that it is impossible to engage in "cultural messianism" by imposing one's own cultural product and ideas on certain regions. Instead, you should always listen to the opinions and requests of local communities. We do not speak for the regions, but we help them to speak at the national level, and sometimes we facilitate dialogues within. It is for these reasons that we held round tables "What cultural institutions does Donbas need?" with the participation of various public organizations in the region and the Ministry of Culture and "Local self-organized initiatives vs imported cultural product."